My home office [Updated on 02/07/2011]
- 27″ LED-backlit TFT IPS (2560 x 1440 resolution).
- ACER x223W 23″ TFT LCD (1680 x 1050 resolution).
- Main computer: 27″ iMac with 2.8GHZ quad-core i7 processor, 16GB of RAM, and 1TB hard drive
- Secondary computer: AMD 2.8GHz Phenom II x4 running a pfSense firewall under FreeBSD. Firewall system uses Snort intrusion detection (IDS) with Snort (”Premium”) and Emerging Threats rule sets.
- Bush “Advantage Series A” modular furniture system
- M-Audio Studiophile CX5 high-resolution active (90W) studio reference monitors atop Primacoustic® RX5 Recoil Stabilizers.
- M-Audio SBX10 professional active (240W) subwoofer atop an Auralex Acoustics® Subdude HD isolation pad.
- t.c. electronic® desktop konnekt 6 firewire audio interface and monitor control (24-bit/192 kHz sampling rate).
- Zaolla® Silverline 1/4″ TRS-to-TRS balanced interconnect cables.
- CAT-6 wired residence provides 50Mbps internet service via a DPC3000 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and TrendNet TEG-S80G 8-port Gigabit switch. Wireless Access point is a TrendNet TEW-670AP.
- Furman PL-Plus DMC surge suppressors/line conditioner provides hardware protection
- Lighting is high definition fluorescent by OttLite®
Tags: 27" iMac, Auralex Subdude HD, DeputyRob, Furman, iMac, M-Audio, OttLite, pfSense, Primacoustic, Snort IDS, t.c. electronic, Yamaha, Zaolla